There are a couple of ways to start:
- You can use the Game Management item called "Unassigned Games"
- That will show you all the games needing assignment start with the earliest...you can use the game filters to narrow the set of games you need to work on
- You can also go through the games page and use the filter to select the games you need to assign (by date, by school, by level, etc.)
Once you have the list of games you want to assign:
- Check the boxes beside the games you want to assign
- Click the button with the 3 people on it
- A new window will open with the game and a list of officials to select from
- The lists, by default, will only show those who are eligible to be assigned.
- There are checkboxes that will expand the list to include officials that were considered ineligible. When the list is expanded, the details of why the official was considered ineligible will be included by each name in the list
- Once you've chosen the officials, click "update"
- Continue with all assignments until you're ready to publish them
- At this point, you can do one of two things:
- Publish all assignments (a button will appear on all games pages to do that)
- Publish selected games. To do that, check the boxes for the desired games and click the purple "Up Arrow" This will send a notice to officials about their assignments
- Once assignments are published, emails will automatically be sent to all officials affected by the newly published changes
TIP: It is much faster to select several boxes and assign a group of games at a time so that you can avoid reloading the games page between each one.