RefTown has a feature where officials can have the system automatically share basic assignment information between organizations so that they do not need to update each organization's availability calendar each time they get an assignment.
The official (and only the official) can, under his/her profile settings, define a set of priorities between organizations. Administrators and assignors can not see each official's settings in this area and can not change them.
- When accounts have equal priority, the first to receive an assignment will block the other equal account(s).
- Accounts with a higher priority (lowest number) will not be blocked by assignments from lower priority accounts.
- Accounts with a lower priority (highest number) will be blocked when an assignment is received from a higher priority account.
- You can specify how long to block for each game.
- If you have assignments from an higher/equal priority account, you'll be considered unavailable to start another assignment:
- For the specified time before the start time of the other assignment (default, 2.5 hours)
- For the specified time after the start time of the other assignment (default, 2.5 hours)
- Times are extended for each game in a multiple-game assignment
- An account that is isolated will not participate in automatic cross-organization blocking in any way...no information will be shared between the isolated account and other accounts.
- You will need to manually update the availability calendar for the isolated account.
- You will need to maintain other organizations availability calendars with respect to assignments from the isolated account.
- Any automatic blocking will be combined with manually entered availability...
- If you block a day or part of a day, you'll be blocked for the combination of the manual block and the automatic block.
- If you manually block an entire day, the system will show you as not available and will not show other assignments.
- NOTE: A person that is an assignor in both organizations will not be restricted by the isolation or priority settings...they will have full visibility into both organizations.
CONFIGURING YOUR AVAILABILITY PRIORITY
- Click on your "Account Menu" (top right with your name)
- Click on "Profile..."
- Click on "Availability Priority"
- Set a Priority for each organization and what kind of information to share from that organization
- Change the amount of time to block out for pre-game travel & preparation.
- Change the length of time to block out for each game for each organization.
- Change how much detail is shared from each schedule
- Click "Save Changes"
- Equal priorities allow the first to assign to block the other.
- Higher priority organizations are not blocked by lower priorities and do not see any assignment information from them.
- Lower priority organizations are always blocked by higher priority organizations and can see whatever information you choose to reveal.
- Organizations marked as "isolated" will not participate in this feature.
- Note, any information about assignments only becomes visible to other organizations once the assigning organization publishes the assignment. As a result, it is possible for two organizations to make assignment for the same times if the first to assign does not publish the assignment immediately and the second organizations makes an assignment prior to the first publishing its assignments.